AFC Ajax Facts
Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax, Dutch professional football club
- AFC Ajax is based in Amsterdam.
- According to the IFFHS, Ajax is historically one of the most successful football clubs.
- The club is one of the five teams that has earned the right to keep the European Cup and to wear a multiple-winner badge.
- They are one of three teams to win the treble and the Intercontinental Cup in the same season/calendar year (1971-72).
- They play at the Amsterdam Arena, which opened in 1996.
- The Ajax logo comprises of 11 lines, symbolizing the 11 players of a football team.
- Their shirts have been sponsored by TDK, and by ABN AMRO from 1991 to 2008.
- AEGON has replaced ABN AMRO as the new head sponsor for a period of at least seven years.
- On 1 April 2007, Ajax wore a different sponsor for the match against Heracles Almelo: Florius.
- The shirts have been manufactured by Umbro (1989–2000) and Adidas since 2000 (until at least 2010).