Aishwarya Rai Facts
Indian film actress, Winner of 1994 Miss World pageant
- Aishwarya Rai was born on November 1, 1973 at Mangalore, Karnataka, India. Her father Krishnaraj was a marine biologist and mother Brindya is a housewife. Her elder brother Aditya Rai is an engineer with the merchant navy.
- She acted in over 40 films in several languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Bengali
- In the 1994 Miss India contest, she won second place, behind Sushmita Sen, and was crowned Miss India World. She went on to win the Miss World title the same year, where she also won the Miss Photogenic award.
- She made her acting debut in Tamil film Iruvar in 1997
- Her first commercial success in Jeans (1998).
- She had her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir High School, intermediate education at Jai Hind College and DG Ruparel College.
- She trained in classical dance and music for five years during her teens.
- Zoology is her favorite subject at college.
- She initially considered a career in medicine and later architect but ended in modelling.
- She was named the official brand ambassador for De Beers diamonds in India.
- She is married to Indian film actor Abhishek Bachchan on April 20, 2007. She is the daughter-in-law of film actors Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan.
- Aishwarya Rai is honored with India's fourth-highest civilian award Padma Shri
- She has dated Indian film actor Salman Khan from 1999-2001.
- Aishwarya Rai has won the Filmfare Best Actress Award twice and has been nominated eleven times.
- She gave birth to a baby girl on 16 November 2011.