State in the United States of America
- Alaska was first discovered in 1741 by Danish explorer Vitus Jonassen Bering on his voyage from Siberia.
- Alaska was purchased by the US from Russia on October 18, 1867. US offered Russia $7,2000,000 for Alaska which roughly translates to 2 cents per acre.
- Alaska became an official state on January 3, 1959 - 49th in USA.
- 25% of Oil produced in USA is from Alabama which is the major source for Oil and Natural Gas.
- Alaska is 425% bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
- The Wild Forget-Me-Not is the official flower of Alaska. It was adopted in 1917.
- Alaska has the lowest population density in USA