Alicia Sacramone Facts
American artistic gymnast
- Alicia Marie Sacramone is an American artistic gymnast.
- She was born on December 3, 1987.
- She began gymnastics at the age of 8.
- She joined the U.S. national team in 2003.
- At US National Championships from 2004 to 2008, she won twelve medals, including four golds on vault and two golds on floor exercise.
- Though she was injured and could not compete at the 2011 World Championships, she still received a medal as an official member of the U.S. team, earning her tenth World medal, making her the most decorated U.S. gymnast in the history of the World Championships.
- At the Olympic Trials, Sacramone placed second on both vault and balance beam, but was not named to the Olympic team.