American Idol Facts
Televised singing contest
- The first season of the show was named as American Idol: The Search for a Superstar.
- Simon Fuller created the show that was produced by FremantleMedia North America and 19 Entertainment.
- The UK franchise of the show is named Pop Idol.
- The winner of the show is decided by the audience who cast their votes through various methods.
- Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell are the original judges for the show.
- As of March 1, 2012, there are 414 episodes of the show aired.
- The show will be aired on Fox Channel.
- Idol Gives Back is a special charity event. The event raised nearly $185 million.
- The Season 11 of the show was premiered on January 18, 2012.