Andrea Pirlo Facts
- Andrea Pirlo was born on 19 May 1979 in Flero, Lombardy.
- He is an Italian World Cup-winning footballer who plays for Serie A club Juventus and for the Italian national team.
- He is a popular for his long passing ability and is a set-piece specialist.
- He played for the Italian youth teams U-15, U-18 and U-21.
- He is the captain of the winning team of the 2000 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship. He is also the Golden Player and Top Scorer of the tournament.
- He captained his team that won the Bronze medal in the 2004 Olympics.
- He is responsible for his team winning the 2006 Football World Cup.
- With Milan, he has won two UEFA Champions League (2003 and 2007), two European Super Cups (2003 and 2007), two Scudetti (2004 and 2011) an Italian Super Cup (2004), a FIFA Club World Cup (2007), and the Italian Cup in 2003.
- He made a goal against Croatia in Group C match of 2012 Euro Championship. He made a goal in the penalties against England in the quarter-finals stage.
- His brother Ivan plays for a Serie C2 club in Brescia.
- His father established a metal trading company in which Pirlo himself has a stake.
- Andrea married Deborah Roversi. The couple has two kids.