Antonis Samaras Facts
Greek Economist, Politician and Prime Minister
- Antonis Samaras is a Greek Economist, Politician and is its Prime Minister since June 20, 2012.
- He was born on May 23, 1951.
- He is the leader of Greek political party, the New Democracy.
- He is the 7th leader of the party since it was founded in 1974.
- He was elected a Member of Parliament for Messenia from 1977.
- He served as the Minister of Finance in 1989 and as Minister of Foreign Affairs from 1989 to 1990 and again from 1990 to 1992.
- He was preceded by Lucas Papademos and Panagiotis Pikrammenos as the Greek Prime Ministers.