The art, practice, or skill of propelling arrows with the use of a bow
- The word 'Archery' is derived from the Latin phrase 'arcus'.
- The Bow was used during 10,000 to 9,000 BC at Stellmoor in the Ahrensburg valley north of Hamburg, Germany. Arrows in early days are made of pine.
- Bow hunting and bow fishing are common activities in the early days of civilization.
- Target archery is a popular international sporting competition.
- Sporting archery is administered by International Archery Federation.
- Archery debuted at the 1900 Summer Olympic Games. France made the most number of appearances (11 of 14) in Olympics.