Island country in the Lesser Antilles
- The Spanish visited the islands in the late 1400s followed by Portuguese in 1536.
- The Portugese visited the islands in 1536.
- Olive Blossom is the first English ship to have arrived in Barbados in 1624.
- Barbados became an independent state in 1966.
- Bridgetown is the largest and the capital city.
- The original name for Barbados was Ichirouganaim which translates to 'Red Land with White Teeth'.
- The country is the 51st richest country in the world in terms of GDP per capita.
- The country is the 4th most densely populated country in the Americas and 18th globally.
- Barbadians are people who come from the country.
- Rihanna was born in Barbados. She is Honorary Ambassador of youth and culture for the country.