Berlin Film Festival Facts
Annual film festival held in February in Berlin, Germany
- The Berlin Film Festival is one of the world's leading film festivals and most reputable media events.
- The festival is also called Berlinale or Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin (German).
- Held in Berlin, Germany, the festival is founded in in West Berlin in 1951.
- Held annually, it is the first major European film festival of the year, and was held in the month of February since 1978.
- About 300,000 tickets for the event are sold every year.
- As many as 400 international films will be screened during the festival.
- Up to 20 films compete for the Golden and Silver Bears.
- The 63rd annual Berlin International Film Festival is scheduled to take place from 7 to 17 February 2013.
- La Fugue (The Runaway) won the Golden Bear for the Best Short Film 2013.