A primary color that lies violet and green in the optical spectrum
- Blue is a popular color that lies between violet and green in the optical spectrum.
- The term Blue is derived from Middle English bleu or blewe or from the Old French bleu.
- Blue color in factories is a mark to indicate the item is to be reparied.
- Studies show that Weightlifting are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.
- Surveys shown that blue to be the best-selling colour in women's sweaters because women think men like it.
- 8% of the worlds population have blue eyes.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to the colour blue twice as much as to any other colour.
- Blue birds can’t see the colour blue.
- Owls are the only birds who can see the colour blue.
- The colour blue is the least common colour in the foods we eat.
- President Martin VanBuren is credited with introducing blue into the decorating scheme of the White House in 1837 and since then, there has been a "blue room" in the White House.
- Blue is the favored color choice for toothbrushes.
- In Formula One, a blue flag signals the start or resumption of a race, as well as advising a car to yield to faster traffic behind.
- The Prussian blue was one of the first synthetic colours. It is the blue used in blueprints.
- Blue is associated in Christianity generally and Catholicism in particular, with the Virgin Mary.