German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company
- BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke AG and is a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company.
- It was founded in 1917 after restructuring of the Rapp Motorenwerke aircraft manufacturing firm.
- It is headquartered in Munich, Germany.
- Dixi is the first car which BMW successfully produced and the car which launched BMW on the road to automobile production.
- began building motorcycle engines and then motorcycles after World War I.
- It is the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
- In 1992, BMW acquired a large stake in California based industrial design studio Designworks USA, which they fully acquired in 1995.
- In 2010, the BMW group produced 1,481,253 automobiles and 112,271 motorcycles across all its brands.
- In June 2012, it was listed as the #1 most reputable company in the world by Forbes.