A rigid organ, part of endoskeleton of vertebrates
- Bone is a rigid organ and is a part of endoskeleton of vertebrates.
- Bones are made up of mineralized osseous tissue, also called bone tissue.
- There will be 270 bones in an infant but some bones fuse up and an adult will generally have 206 separate bones.
- By the age of 20, the average young person has acquired roughly 98% of his/her skeletal mass.
- 23 bones are in each foot including the ankle. The face has 14 bones. Wrist has 8 bones.
- The Ear bone is the only bone that is fully grown at birth.
- Osteoporosis affects 10 million Americans, mostly women.
- The largest bone in the human body is the femur and the smallest bones are auditory ossicles.
- Enamel is hardest substance in the human body.
- Arms are among the most commonly broken bones.
- Bones stop growing in length during Puberty.
- Hyoid, a V-shaped bone located at the base of the tongue, is the only bone that is not connected with another bone.
- Bones contains 50% Water and 50% solid matter.
- Adult human bones account for 14% of the body’s total weight.
- Gardening is said to be one of the best exercises for maintaining healthy bones.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails
- The thigh bone is stronger than Concrete.