Boston Red Sox Facts
Professional Baseball team based in Boston
- The Boston Red Sox was formed in 1901.
- Their home ballpark has been Fenway Park since 1912.
- The team is earlier known as Red Stockings.
- They won 7 of the 11 World series in which they played.
- The team is owned by Fenway Sports Group.
- From May 15, 2003 to April 10, 2013, the Red Sox sold out every home game—a total of 820 games.
- A number of Red Sox to be officially retired requires that the player be elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and he should have played with the team for 10 years.
- 9, 4, 1, 8, 27, 6, 14 and 42 are the numbers retired so far.