A religion and philosophy
- Gautama Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) is the founder of the religion.
- Buddha is known as a teacher not a god.
- There are two branches of the religion - Theravada ("The School of the Elders") and Mahayana ("The Great Vehicle").
- The full moon day is of special importance to Buddhists.
- Buddhists can go to their temple at any time.
- Flowers and food are placed on the front of the Buddhist Statue. Placing the flowers is a reminder that people will not live forever.
- Buddhist Monks do not own anything of their - not even food. Donating food is considered helps one reach Nirvana.