British healthcare organisation
- Bupa is a private health care company based in United Kingdom.
- Bupa originally means British United Provident Association.
- It was established in 1947 when 17 British provident associations joined together to provide healthcare for the general public.
- It has over 11 million members worldwide.
- It is the largest private health insurance provider in the UK.
- Its head office is in Central London.
- The firm recently sold its Bupa Health Assurance to Resolution group PLC, which is now part of Friends Life.