Carrie Underwood Facts
American country singer-songwriter and actress. Top-earning American Idol star
- Carrie Marie Underwood was born on March 10, 1983.
- Carrie comes from a modest family. Her father worked in a sawmill, while her mother taught at an elementary school.
- She graduated with a degree in mass communication with a specialization in journalism.
- Her debut album, Some Hearts, was certified seven times platinum.
- Her second album, Carnival Ride, released on October 23, 2007, was sold over 3 million copies as of January 2010.
- She is the first-ever female artist to win back-to-back Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards for Entertainer of the Year (2009/10).
- Carrie was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame in 2009. Earlier in December 2005, she was named Oklahoman of the Year by Oklahoma Today magazine.
- She is estimated to have earned $20 million between May 2010 and May 2011.
- She loves horror movies and loves collecting bunnies.
- She is a vegetarian and stopped eating meat since the age of 13.
- Carrie was selected in the People Magazine top 100 Most Beautiful People in 2006. She was also selected as one of the top 25 Hottest People under 25 in Teen People magazine.