Charles Manson Facts
American criminal and the leader of family called the Manson Family
- Charles Milles Manson was found guilty of conspiracy to commit the Tate/LaBianca murders carried out by members of the group at his instruction.
- He is a Beatles-obsessed and was a songwriter/singer.
- In the summer of 1969, the ex-con directed his mostly young, female followers to murder seven people.
- Sharon Tate, the pregnant wife of filmmaker Roman Polanski, was stabbed 16 times by members of the "Manson family'' cult in 1969.
- The same day, the members of te cult killed four more and have engraved the word 'Pig' on the front door before leaving.
- He was charged for murder and conspiracy.
- He was awarded death sentence but the sentence was automatically commuted to life imprisonment when a 1972 decision by the Supreme Court of California temporarily eliminated the state's death penalty.
- He was incarcerated at Corcoran State Prison.
- On April 11, 2012, a California parole board denied his bid for freedom at his 12th parole hearing.