Chen Shu-Jiu Facts
Taiwanese social worker
- Chen Shu-Jiu is receipent of the 2012 Ramon Magsaysay Award for 'transforming young lives through a life of giving'.
- She was born on December 27, 1951. She is a Taiwanese.
- Despite a daily wage earner, she gave away US $320,000 to charities and social cause.
- She resists public honors, setting up foundations on her name or accepting donations and prefers to give away all she earned.
- Her father is a vegetable seller, a profession which she later took.
- She studied till her 6th grade.
- She is a Buddhist.
- She works 17 hours a day.
- She was named in Time Magazine, Forbes, Reder's Digest and other reputed magazines.