A country in South American
- Chile is the only other country in South America that does not border with Brazil.
- The Chilean Northern Desert is rich in minerals, particularly Copper.
- The country produces 1/3rd copper of the world.
- The country is the largest exporter of Salmon.
- The country has over 100 wineries and is the 5th largest exporter.
- Atacama Desert is one of the driest locations. It did not rain for 40 years.
- Soccer is the most popular sport in Chile.
- The country became independent from Spanish colonial rule in 1913.
- City of Valparaiso hosts that largest annual fireworks show.
- The country has the longest and smallest coastlines in the world.
- Only 3% of land in the country is arable (fit for agriculture).
- Loa River is the longest river in the country.
- Majority of the Chilean population (1/3rd population; 5 million) lives in the capital city of Santiago.