Chris Brown Facts
American R&B singer
- Chris Brown is an American singer-songwriter, dancer and actor.
- He is born on May 5, 1989. Christopher Maurice "Chris" Brown is his actual name.
- He taught himself to sing and dance at a young age, often citing Michael Jackson as his inspiration.
- He made his recording debut in late 2005 with the self-titled album Chris Brown at the age of 16.
- The album featured the hit single "Run It!", which topped the Billboard Hot 100, making Brown the first male artist as a lead to have his debut single top the chart since Puff Daddy in 1997. The album has sold over two million copies in the United States and was certified double Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Brown's second studio album, Exclusive was released in 2007.
- In 2009, he pleaded guilty to felony assault of singer and then-girlfriend Rihanna.
- Brown's fourth album F.A.M.E. earned him the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album, his first Grammy, at the 54th Grammy Awards.
- In June 2010, Brown's application for a visa to enter the UK was refused on the grounds of him "being guilty of a serious criminal offence" due to his assault on Rihanna.
- In February 2011, at the request of Brown's lawyer, Judge Patricia Schnegg modified with Rihanna's agreement the restraining order to a "level one order," allowing both singers to appear at awards shows together in the future.