Chris Christie Facts
American attorney and politician
- Christopher James "Chris" Christie is the 55th Governor of New Jersey.
- He is a leading member of the Republican Party.
- He graduated from the University of Delaware, he earned a J.D. at Seton Hall Law School.
- He joined a law firm in 1987. He continued law practice till 2002.
- He declared candidacy for Governor of New Jersey in January 2009 and won against incumbent Governor Jon Corzine in November.
- He won a re-election as Governor defeating Democratic rival Barbara Buono.
- He declined to run for president post in 2012.
- He gave the keynote address at the Republican National Convention in August 2012.
- In November 2013, he was elected Chairman of the Republican Governors Association.
- He is considered as a possible Republican Presidential nomination for 2016.