Christian Taylor Facts
American track and field athlete
- Christian Taylor is an American track and field athlete who competes in the triple jump and has a personal record of 17.96 meters.
- He was born on June 18, 1990.
- He also competes in the long jump (with a best of 8.19 m) and in the sprints to a high level: his best for the 400 meter dash is 45.34 seconds and he has run 20.76 seconds for the 200 meter dash.
- He was the triple jump champion and long jump bronze medalist at the 2007 World Youth Championships in Athletics.
- He established himself as a top level triple jumper at the University of Florida, where he won back-to-back NCAA Indoor titles and then consecutive NCAA Outdoor Championship titles in 2010 and 2011.
- Taylor won his first USA Outdoor national title in 2011.
- He followed his national title with a win in the triple jump at the 2011 World Championships, upsetting the field with the tenth best jump in history.
- He is a member of the 2012 United States Olympic team and will compete in the triple jump at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- He finished Men's Triple Jump event at a mark of 17.81 and has won the London 2012 Olympics Gold Medal.