Church of the Nativity Facts
Oldest running church; Located at Bethlehem
- The Church of the Nativity is located at Bethlehem.
- It is the oldest continuously operating churches in the world.
- The structure is built over the cave that tradition marks as the birthplace of Jesus of Nazareth, and thus it is considered sacred by Christians.
- It is the first UNESCO World Heritage Site listed under Palestine in 2012.
- The church is administered jointly by Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Armenian Apostolic authorities.