Cristiano Ronaldo Facts
Portuguese footballer, plays for Real Madrid and is captain of Portuguese national team
- Cristiano Ronaldo's actual name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. He was born on 5 February 1985.
- He is a Portuguese footballer who plays as a winger or striker for Spanish La Liga club Real Madrid and is the captain of the Portuguese national team.
- He became the most expensive footballer in history after moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid in a transfer worth £80 million (€93.9 million/$131.6 million).
- He began his career as a youth player for Andorinha. His father was a kit man for the team.
- Two years later, he moved to C.D. Nacional.
- He went on a three-day trial with Sporting CP and got signed for an undisclosed sum.
- He became the only player ever to play for Sporting's under-16, under-17, under-18, B-team, and the first team, all within one season.
- In 1997, he moved to Portuguese giants Sporting Clube de Portugal.
- He caught the attention of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, who signed him for £12.24 million (€15 million) in 2003.
- His father José Dinis Aveiro died of an alcoholism-related liver condition in September 2005.
- In November and December 2006, he received consecutive Barclays Player of the Month honours becoming the third such player to do so.
- He is blessed with a boy Cristiano on July 3, 2010.
- He was the first player to win all four main PFA and FWA awards, doing so in 2007.
- After moving to Real Madrid in 2009, in his second season, he became the highest goalscorer in a season in the history of Real Madrid with 53 goals.
- He made 7 goals in the qualifying matches of UEFA Euro 2012.
- He made two goal in the match against Netherlands and helped his team win the match and advance to the knockout stage in the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship Group B.
- He made a goal against Czech Republic in the knockout stage and helped his team enter the semi-finals.