Form of expression moving the body to a rhythm or to music
- The art of creating dances is called Choreography and the person who creates it is called the choreographer.
- History says that dance has been part of culture since prehistoric times. Archeology traces dancing paintings from the Indian and Egyptian tombs from 3300 BC.
- There are several categories of dances. Dances are classified on the number of dancers and the purpose of dance.
- Dance is considered an academic discipline in the early 20th century.
- The largest ballet class involved 989 participants in an event organize in South Africa in August 2008.
- Dance consumes a lot of energy. A three hour ballet dance is equivalent to two 90-minute soccer games or running 19 miles.
- Dance has seven movements – Bending, Gliding, Turning, Stretching, Jumping, Rising and Darting
- Physiotherapist is a doctor who treats injuries caused by dancing.
- Pointe shoes were first used in 1832.