Dancing with the Stars Facts
International tv series based on the format of the British TV series Strictly Come Dancing
- The show pairs a number of celebrities with professional ballroom dancers, who each week compete by performing dances.
- As of September 11, the format has been licensed to over 35 countries
- Derek Hough, Raimondo Todaro and Kym Johnson are the only professionals in the history of the franchise to have achieved three championship wins.
- In the US show, Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, and Bruno Tonioli appear as judges. It premiered in the summer of 2005 on ABC. There are 13 seasons of the show so far.
- Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke are currently the main presenters for the US show.
- In Australia, it has aired on the Seven Network since late 2004 and is hosted by Daniel MacPherson and Mel B. As of mid-2011, there are 11 seasons aired.