David Moyes Facts
Former Scottish football player and manager
- David William Moyes served as the manager of Manchester United from July 2013 until April 2014.
- He also served the Everton and Preston North End teams as its manager.
- As a football player, he made 540 league appearances as a centre-half.
- He started his football stint with Celtic and later played for Cambridge United, Bristol City, Shrewsbury Town and Dunfermline Athletic before ending his playing career with Preston North End.
- Later, he became a football coach for Preston, grew up to become assistant manager and later as manager (1998).
- Moyes was appointed as the manger following Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement as manager of Manchester United.
- He became Manchester United manager on 1 July 2013 but was sacked from the post after 10 months due to poor performance.