Earl Scruggs Facts
American musician, popular for Scruggs style of music
- Earl Eugene Scruggs was born in January 6, 1924.
- He popularizing a three-finger banjo-picking style that is a defining characteristic of bluegrass music.
- His music style is called "Scruggs style".
- He joined Bill Monroe's Blue Grass Boys in late 1945.
- He won a Grammy Award in 1969 for Scruggs' instrumental "Foggy Mountain Breakdown".
- In 2002 Scruggs won a second Grammy award for a 2001 recording.
- On February 13, 2003, Scruggs received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- On February 10, 2008, Scruggs was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 50th Annual Grammy Awards.
- He from natural causes on March 28, 2012, in a Nashville hospital.