Eddie Murphy Facts
American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, singer, director, and musician
- Edward Regan "Eddie" Murphy is an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, singer, director, and musician.
- Eddie was born on April 3, 1961.
- He was a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1980 to 1984.
- He played in multiple roles in some of his films.
- He was ranked No. 10 on Comedy Central's list of the 100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time.
- His father is a transit police officer and mother was a telephone operator.
- His father died when he was young and later his mother fell sick forcing him and his elder brother to go to foster care.
- Later, he and his elder brother are raised by his mother and step-father in Roosevelt, New York.
- He performed stand-up at Bay Area Comedy Club.
- His debut film 48 Hrs was a hit during the Christmas of 1982.
- He married Nicole Mitchell in 1993. The couple had 5 kids. They divorced in 2006 citing "irreconcilable differences".
- After the divorce, he had a brief relationship with Melanie Brown.
- In 2008, he exchanged marriage vows with Tracey Edmonds but they didnot marry.
- He is philanthropic and donated for charities.
- He won the 2007 Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture Golden Globe Award for his role in Dreamgirls.
- He was nominated several times for Emmy Awards.