Elizabeth Warren Facts
Democratic Party candidate in the 2012 United States Senate election in Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Warren is an American bankruptcy law expert, policy advocate, Harvard Law School professor.
- She is a book author and wrote on American economy and personal finance.
- She received a J.D. from Rutgers School of Law–Newark in 1976.
- She declared her intention to run for the Democratic nomination for the 2012 election in Massachusetts on September 14, 2011 for the United States Senate seat held by incumbent Scott Brown.
- In 2009, the Boston Globe named her the Bostonian of the Year.
- The Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts honored her with the Lelia J. Robinson Award.