Emma Watson Facts
The Hermione Granger of Harry Potter
- Emma's actual name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.
- She was born on April 15, 1990 in Paris, France.
- Her parents are both British lawyers. They got divorced and hence she has spent some time with her French grandmother after re-joining with her younger brother Alex.
- She has learnt acting, dancing and singing at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts.
- She got hand-picked when she attended the auditions just for fun when the film crew arrived at her school.
- She began playing as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter films when she was 9 years.
- She was discovered by the casting agents through her Oxford theatre teacher.
- Film producers were impressed at her confidence.
- After eight rounds of auditions, she was picked to act alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint for the film.
- On the film sets, she is popular as One Take Watson because of her ability to give the desired shot in just one take.
- She plays field hockey, tennis, rounders and netball.
- Johnny Depp is her favourite actor.
- In 2004, she was asked to be a judge for First Light Awards.
- She appeared on Teen Vogue when she was fifteen years old.
- She made her modelling debut for Burberry's Autumn/Winter campaign in 2009.
- She is reported to complete her final year of studies at Brown University.
- She supports the Wild Trout Trust.