Popular brand of race cars
- In 1908, Enzo Ferrari loved racing after his father took him to a race in Bologna. His dream to become a race Car driver became reality in 1919 when he made his racing debut at the age of 21.
- During World War I, Enzo was a blacksmith and mule-shoer for the Italian army.
- The Ferrari symbol is a black Horse on its hind legs with the initials "S.F." on beneath it.
- The first Ferrari car, the Tipo 815, was created by Enzo Ferrari in 1940.
- Ferrari makes a maximum of 14 cars every day.
- Most expensive Ferrari was a 250GTO. It was sold for £7.2m ($12m).
- Ferrari's cheapest component is a 3c washer
- The F50 was Ferrari's half century celebration. Just 349 of them were made.
- Ferrari won 25 championship titles in a 500 F2.
- Until 1981 Ferrari racing cars were built at Maranello. But in 1982 a plant was built next to the Fiorano test track.
- Ferrari offers 16 different Color choices on its GT cars, including the famous Ferrari Red.
- The F60 that debuted in April 2002 is the fastest Ferrari. It can go from 0 to 100 in just 3.2 seconds.
- In 2006, Ferrari sold 5671 cars – 635 of them in the United Kingdom. One V12-engined car is sold for every three V8s.