- Foxes belong to Canidae family and are the samallest member of dog family.
- There are 37 species of foxes but only 12 species belong to the true fox family.
- A female fox is called a Vixen.
- A Fox generally eats around 1kg of food every day
- A Fox can store food in its body to consume later.
- Foxes are carnivores but generally do not hunt human. Their diet includes fruit and vegetables, fish, frogs, rodents, rabbits, birds and even worms.
- They go on hunting for fun and not necessarily when hungry.
- They generally live 2-3 years but can survive upto 10 years
- A fox gives birth to 4-5 young ones in a spring season.
- It turns into a mature adult in 10 months time.
- Fox is a symbol of being cunning and trickery.
- In English, being foxy means 'having the qualities of a fox'. Sometimes, it means to be attractive and sexy.
- They are considered to be a sacred animal in Japan.
- A fox on the globe is the symbol for the browser software Mozilla Firefox.
- They have good hearing skills that they can hear a watch ticking 40 yards away.
- They use a wide range of vocalizations and pitch tones to communicate with each other.
- The Fennec fox is the smallest fox and weighs a mere 3.5 pounds.