George Alexander Louis Facts
His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a son on 22 July 2013.
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is his father.
- He is the only grandchild of Charles, Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
- The royal baby will be named King George VII.
- He is third in line to the throne will be known as Prince George.
- The birth means that three generations of direct heirs to the throne are alive at the same time, a situation which occurred last between 1894 and 1901, in the last seven years of the reign of Queen Victoria.
- There are six King Georges who wore the crown in the history.
- The Duke took two weeks' paternity leave allowed by the Ministry of Defence.
- The Duke was by his wife's side when she gave birth to the child.
- The birth took place in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital - the same hospital in which Prince William and his brother, Prince Harry, were born to Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1982 and 1984, respectively.