George Papandreou Facts
Former and 182nd Prime Minister of Greece
- George was born on 16 June 1952 in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States where his father held a University post.
- George is familiar with Greek, English, Swedish, French and Spanish.
- George Papandreou became the 182nd Greek Prime Minister after his party won the October 2009 legislative elections.
- He is the third member from the Papendreou family to become the Greek Prime Minister after his grandfather George Papandreou, Sr. and his father Andreas Papandreou.
- George was first elected to the Greek Parliament in 1981 became Under Secretary for Cultural Affairs in 1985. Later he held various ministerial positions.
- George was responsible for the introduction of Open University in Greece.