European country popular for its civilization, culture and olympic games
- Greece is also known as Hellas or Hellas Republic.
- 80% of Greece is in mountains. Mount Olympus is the highest point.
- Greece is the first advanced early civilization in Europe.
- Census in Greece does not ask about religion information of its citizens.
- Western Culture is considered to have been born in Ancient Greece.
- Hellenic Republic is the official name of Greece.
- Voting is compulsary for every citizen over 18 years.
- 7% of all the marble produced in the world comes from Greece.
- It is the third largest producer of olives. Some olives trees planted in the 13th century are still producing olives.
- Nearly 80% of Greece is mountainous.
- In the 1950s, only about 30% of Greek adults could read and write. Now, the literacy rate is more than 95%.
- Greece has more archaeological museums than any other country in the world.
- Football is their national sport.
- Greeks would sacrifice one hundred bulls to Zeus during each Olympics.
- Greek workers get at least one month of paid vacation every year.
- Lucas Papademos is its Prime Minister.