Sport involving the performance of exercises
- Gymnastics is a sport displaying physical strength, flexibility, agility, coordination, and balance.
- Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) is the body that governs the sports internationally.
- Women's events of the sport include uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise, and vault.
- Men's events are floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, and high bar.
- All Greek cities had a gymnasium, a courtyard for jumping, running, and wrestling.
- Men's Olympic competitions are part right from the first Olympic Games.
- The first women's Olympic competition was held in 1928 Amsterdam Games.
- The International Gymnastics Hall of Fame, located in Oklahoma City.
- The first perfect score ever awarded was to Romanian’s Nadia Comeneci, who got the perfect score of 10 at the 1976 Montreal Games.
- Most major gymnasts start their career at age 2 or 3.
- Most female gymnasts are at their best between ages 14-18.