Team sport in which players pass a ball to throw it into the goal of the other team
- Team Handball has two teams of 7 players each.
- Each match has two periods of 30 minutes each.
- Typically, teams score more than 30 goals each.
- The mens game was part of Olympic Games since 1936.
- Women's team handball was added at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- The rules of the modern handball are originally drafted in 1906 by the Danish gym teacher, lieutenant and Olympic medalist Holger Nielsen.
- First international match was played between Germany and Belgium for men in 1925 and between Germany and Austria for women in 1930.
- The International Amateur Handball Federation was formed in 1928.
- The International Handball Federation was formed in 1946.