Harry Potter Facts
A series of fantasy novels written by the British author J K Rowling
- J K Rowling is the first person to become a billionaire (U.S. dollars) by writing books.
- English-language versions of the books are published by Bloomsbury in the United Kingdom, Scholastic Press in the United States, Allen & Unwin in Australia, and Raincoast Books in Canada.
- Rowling says the idea of Harry Potter just "strolled into her head" during a four-hour train delay.
- Harry Potter brand is expected to be over $15 billion.
- According to Rowling, death is the major theme of the series.
- Harry Potter series is translated in over 67 languages making Rowling one amongst the most translated author.
- Harry James Potter is the name of a 19th century clockmaker.
- The birthday of Harry Potter and Rowling fall on the same day, the July 31 but in different years.
- In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, dragon blood is revealed to be an effective oven cleaner.
- Rowling's books were the first children's books included on the New York Bestseller list since E.B. White's Charlotte's Web in 1952.
- Rowling named the driver and conductor of the Knight Bus after her grandfathers, Ernie and Stanley.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is made with a budget of £150 million.
- The seventh book of Harry Potter is the first book to have been split into two movies.
- The two 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' films are the first in the 'Harry Potter' series to be released in cinemas in complete 3D versions.
- 'Deathly Hallows' is the first time Brendan Gleeson and David O'Hara have acted in the same film since 'Braveheart' in 1995.
- In the Hogwarts school, grades include Outstanding, Exceeds Expectations, and Acceptable. The failing grades include Poor, Dreadful, and Troll.