Mammal belonging to the taxonomic family Equidae
- Horse has evolved over the past 45 to 55 million years.
- Humans began to domesticate horses around 4000 BC.
- They have a well-developed sense of balance and a strong fight-or-flight instinct.
- Female horses are called mares.
- Young horse is called a foal.
- Gestation lasts approximately 340 days, with an average range 320–370 days.
- They reach full adult development by age five, and have an average lifespan of between 25 and 30 years.
- A few animals live into their 40s and, occasionally, beyond.
- There are more than 300 breeds of horses.
- A Colt is a male horse under the age of four.
- A Filly is a female horse under the age of four.
- Ponies look similar to horses.
- The horse skeleton averages 205 bones.
- They have the largest eyes of any land mammal.
- Equestrianism, Horse racing, Horse training, and Horse tack are various sports involving horses.
- May 25 is observed as Horse Day to celebrate and appreciate Horses.