Capital City of Andhra Pradesh, India
- Hyderabad is the only Indian city mentioned in the 2011 The New York Times list of must-see places of the world.
- Hyderabad was founded by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah in 1591 AD on the banks of river Musi.
- Golconda fort built during Kakatiya Dynasty and restored by Qutb Shahi Sultans, is the oldest existing structure in Hyderabad.
- Makkah Masjid in Hyderabad is over 400 Years old.
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), the administrator of the city, came into existance in 2007 with the merger of 12 municipalities with the Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad (MCH).
- Hyderabadi Biryani is a special dish in the city.
- Hyderabad Race Club formerly known as the Nizam Race Club is located at Malakpet is famous for Horse racing.
- The IT and IT-enabled services township is called the HITEC City.