Mobile operating system developed by Apple
- iOS is a operating system software for mobiles developed by Apple in 2007.
- iOS was initially built for use on iPhone but was later extended for use on iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV.
- By late 2011, iOS accounted for 60% of the market share for smartphones and tablet computers.
- Apple does not license iOS for installation on non-Apple hardware
- As of June 2013, Apple's App Store contained more than 900,000 iOS applications, 375,000 of which were optimised for iPad.
- iOS is derived from OS X.
- iOS 6 was released in September 2012.
- The OS was built using C, C++, Objective-C and Java.