iPhone 5 Facts
Sixth generation of the iPhone from Apple
- The iPhone 5 is a touchscreen-based smartphone developed by Apple.
- It is the sixth generation of the iPhone and succeeds the iPhone 4S.
- The phone is a slimmer, lighter model that introduces a higher-resolution, 4-inch screen to the series with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio.
- The phone also includes a custom-designed ARMv7 processor called the Apple A6.
- The phone runs on iOS 6 Operating System and support for LTE.
- Apple held an event to formally introduce the phone on September 12, 2012.
- After Apple began taking pre-orders on September 14, 2012, over two million were received within 24 hours.
- After the launch of the device, Samsung filed a lawsuit against Apple, claiming that the iPhone 5 infringes eight of its patents.
- While reception to the iPhone 5 has been generally positive, the new Maps application has been negatively received and was reported to contain many serious errors.
- Despite being advertised as LTE compatible, issues with connecting to LTE networks in some regions have been noted.