Jack Lew Facts
American politician and the 25th White House Chief of Staff
- Jacob Joseph "Jack" Lew is an American politician and the 25th and current White House Chief of Staff.
- He previously served as Director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Bill Clinton and Barack Obama Administrations.
- He is a member of the Democratic Party.
- He was born on August 29, 1955 in New York City.
- He is a graduate of Harvard College and Georgetown University Law Center.
- He began his career as a legislative assistant to Representative Joe Moakley and as a senior policy adviser to former House Speaker Tip O'Neil.
- He worked as an attorney in private practice before working as a deputy in Boston's office of management and budget.
- In 1993, he began work for the Clinton Administration as Special Assistant to the President.
- In 1994 Lew served as Associate Director for Legislative Affairs and Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget, where he served a Director of that agency from 1998 to 2001 and from 2010 to 2012.
- He later served as the first Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources, from 2009 to 2010.
- On January 9, 2013, Lew was tapped as the replacement for retiring Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner in President Barack Obama's second term.