James Bond Facts
Fictional character in Ian Fleming writings and movie franchise
- James Bond is a fictional British Secret Service agent in Ian Fleming novels.
- James Bond is an ageless British super-spy in his movies.
- It is the longest continually running and the second-highest grossing film franchise.
- Skyfall (2012) staring Daniel Craig is the latest Bond movie.
- Ian was inspired to use the name 'Bond' after American ornithologist James Bond, a Caribbean bird expert.
- Ian chose the name James Bond as he wanted the ‘simplest, dullest, plainest-sounding name’ he could think of.
- Roger Moore was the oldest actor to debut as Bond (he was 45 when Live and Let Die was filmed) and 58 when filming finished on A View To a Kill in 1985.
- Sean Connery began losing his hair at the age of 21, so in all of his James Bond movies, he wore a toupee.
- In 1962 Eon Productions, released the first cinema adaptation of an Ian Fleming novel, Dr No, featuring Sean Connery as 007.
- From Dr No to Quantum of Solace, James Bond has killed 352 people and slept with 52 women.
- Madonna sang the theme song for Die Another Day.
- Bono and The Edge wrote the theme song for GoldenEye.
- Pierce Brosnan's first Bond movie is the GoldenEye.
- At 6’ 2” Timothy Dalton was the tallest of the Bond actors. At 5’ 10” Daniel Craig is the shortest.
- Daniel Craig is the only Bond actor to be born after the Bond series began.
- James Bond became such a symbol of UK that Daniel Craig came as Queen Elizabeth II's escort at the opening ceremony of 2012 Summer Olympics.