Jennifer Hudson Facts
American recording artist, actress and spokesperson
- Jennifer Kate Hudson was born September 12, 1981.
- She came up in the third season of American Idol and ended up in seventh place in the finals.
- She made her film debut in the 2006 film Dreamgirls.
- She won her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA Award, an NAACP Image Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for her role in her debut film.
- As kid, she performing by singing with the church choir and doing community theater with the help of her late maternal grandmother, Julia.
- In January 2002, Hudson signed her first recording contract with Righteous Records, a Chicago-based independent record label.
- In late 2008, her mother, brother and nephew were killed in a shooting.
- She performed at the Super Bowl XLIII, the Grammy Awards, American Idol, and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- She sold 1,280,000 albums and 2,237,000 tracks in the United States as of February 2012.