Joseph Sullivan Facts
New Zealand Men's Double Sculls Rower
- Joseph Sullivan is a New Zealand Men's Double Sculls Rower.
- He was born in 1987.
- He is a student of Waikato University.
- Picton RC is his club.
- Calvin Ferguson, Dale Maher, Dave Bugler, Gary Hay are his coaches.
- He began rowing at high school in 2001.
- An older student, who had noticed he was a promising athlete, told him he should start rowing.
- Sir Edmund Hilary is his hero.
- He has been Marlborough Sportsman of the Year twice, winning in 2008 and 2011.
- He was made a life member of Picton Rowing Club after his victory at the World Rowing Championships in 2010.
- He teamed up with Nathan Cohen to finish Men's Double Sculls event in 6:31.67 and won the Olympic Gold Medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics held at London.