Kathleen Sebelius Facts
- Kathleen Sebelius served as the 21st United States Secretary of Health and Human Services from 2009 until 2014.
- She served as the Governor of Kansas from 2003 to 2009 and became the second woman to hold that office.
- She is a member of the Democratic Party.
- She announced her resignation to the post of Secretary of Health and Human Services on April 10, 2014.
- She was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- She has a B.A. in political science and a Master of Public Administration degree.
- She was first elected to the Kansas House of Representatives in 1986. She won re-election in 1988, 1990, and 1992.
- She is a jazz music fan and attends the Jazz Fest in New Orleans.