Katy Perry Facts
American singer, songwriter and actress
- Perry was born as Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson on October 25, 1984 in Santa Barbara, California.
- In 2001, she released a self-titled gospel album.
- She recorded an album with production team The Matrix.
- She released her first internet single "Ur So Gay".
- She got recognition for her second single "I Kissed a Girl" in 2008.
- Perry is the first female artist to get five hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in one year.
- Her second studio album Teenage Dream was released in August 2010 and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.
- In December 15, 2011, she was elected the Artist of the Year by MTV.
- She was a guest judge on the seventh series of British television show The X Factor and the ninth season of American Idol.
- The Smurfs and The Muppets are her 2011 releses.
- Perry had a long relationship with Travie McCoy, and later married Russell Brand on October 23, 2010.
- On December 30, 2011, Brand announced that they were divorcing.
- Perry was nominated for eight Grammy Awards throughout 2009-12.
- She is reported to have shun her makeup for several scenes in her upcoming 3D movie Part of Me.